No Blog Posts This Week! Celebrate Christmas!
I am going to reference this page on all my blogs. Merry Christmas everyone! This will be the only blog that I update this week. Why? Because I believe that we should all take breaks from time to time, and I want to focus on celebrating the holiday with my family. This has been a unique season in my life. God has blessed me with everything my heart could desire, but still, there are holes in my heart wanting for other things.
Be Grateful this Christmas Season!
This holiday season it’s so easy to get wrapped up in what we have, or don’t have. I know that even when we could get everything our hearts could want, we always are not satisfied, and we want more. I have learned that more than anything this holiday season. It brings me to the point that we must be grateful for what we have and everything that Jesus Christ has made available to us. Because of his sacrifice we can return home and live with him and God, that’s major.
About My Father’s Business
Life has a way of distracting us from our true calling, and vocation of life. Each of us was born as part of God’s plan, and each of us has a role to play. Lately, I had been getting into this video game called Second Life. But as I was playing it, God had been teaching me lessons through it. I want to share a verse with yall!
1 Cor 13:11 – When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
God has given us a significant blessing in knowing what is essential and what is not. This holiday season we are tempted to get caught up in games and gadgets, but we should focus on love and our families.
My Plans For this Christmas
I plan on doing my marathon cooking escapade. On Christmas, I’m probably already cooking by the time your reading this (i write my articles ahead of time.) I and the family also plan on watching my top favorite Christmas movies.
- This Christmas starring Idris Elba, Chris Brown, Etc
- Best Man Holiday starring Terrance Howard, Morris Chestnut, etc
- Home Alone – No brainer holiday classic.
- Friday After Next – my wife and I love cracking jokes from this movie, and no Christmas would be Christmas without it!
- Almost Christmas, Starring Danny Glover, Mo’Nique, J.B. Smooth and others.
- Why Him – James Franco cracks me up, I probably should not watch this one for the “R” rating, but I find this movie hilarious!
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- Trading Places, Dan Akroyd and Eddie Murphy, Nuff said.
- Die Hard, Bruce Willis Holiday movie, Yes Please!
Love Your Families
This Christmas is a time to be with your families. A family is not just those who are your blood, and I don’t say this to discount my blood. But sometimes the water is thicker than blood. Sometimes your family are people you choose to be family! I love the fact that I will be able to spend time with my wife, my momma, and some genuine friends! I’m grateful for life! Thank you for reading my blog! See you next year!